Case-mate has announced the launch of the I Make My Case service for the BlackBerry 85xx series as well as the 9700. Similar to the service that is already available to iPhone users allows the user to create a case based off of different artists designs. As you can see above the designs can get pretty crazy, I played around with designing one for the iPhone and it is a lot of fun. I am sure they will support more BlackBerry devices down the road, but for right now the 85xx and 9700 series owners get to have all the fun. The service is available right now by visiting www.imakemycase.com/blackberry, cases will run between $34.99 and $39.99. Any cases designed will start shipping in mid-April.
Another big announcement Case-mate made today was their plans to offer seven different style cases for the iPad. Ranging from the I Make My Case service to a leather case, Case-mate will have plenty of different options for the iPad. The seven types of cases are listed below:
- I Make My Case: Offering the ultimate in personalization and protection, consumers can remix art from world-renowned artists to create a completely unique, one-of-a-kind case for their iPad.
- Tough: The Hybrid Tough case for the iPad uses the protective power of dual layers. A form-fitting silicone skin surrounds the iPad completely, absorbing each impact or hard knock. Wrapped around the skin is an ABS plastic shell for complete security, adding another level of protection – and making for a firm grip.
- Gelli: The Gelli adds a splash of color while keeping the iPad safe with a fully protective, cutting-edge flexible thermoplastic material. The Gelli is soft, light and sports a unique pattern to guarantee the iPad will stand out.
- Felt Folio: Sporting a side-opening and leather accents, the Felt Folio includes light storage with additional pockets and keeps the iPad secure with a magnetic strap while on the go.
- Leather Commuter: This executive folio made of premium tan leather offers magnetic locks embedded into the case for a sleek protective fit.
- Nylon Folio: Created out of a black ballistic nylon material, this splash-resistant folio is the perfect basic for a minimalistic mindset.
- Stand: An innovative stand for the iPad, the stand offers both landscape and portrait modes for viewing. Its unique design collapses and snaps together for easy storage when not in use.
The cases will be available in the second quarter and range from $20-$80. You can view all the images of the upcoming cases below. Keep an eye on www.case-mate.com for all of these products as well as many more.