There has been a lot of talk going on about Verizon Wireless launching a push to talk solution for BlackBerrys. Today CrackBerry posted an internal doc laying out the details of the upcoming push to talk service. The document only refers to the BlackBerry Tour 9630 as having the service, although I would assume that will just be the launch device. The main highlights of the service are:
- Connect with team members in the next room or across the country.
- Make group calls with up to 50 participants.
- Use Presence to see who’s available for Push to Talk calls.
- Manage Push to Talk contacts for your entire company online.
- Access email and the Web while you’re on Push to Talk calls.
The service is set to run you $5 a month per line. No word on when it will be available, especially with Verizon not having announced it yet.