CTIA is getting off to a fast start this year, and Sprint is not wasting any time. They have just announced, along with Motorola, the Motorola i1. This is the first Android powered handset to have the Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk feature incorporated into it. Some of the key features of the i9 include:
- Popular business tools such as Microsoft Document Viewer and corporate sync ensure Word or PowerPoint files can be accessed on the go.
- Message entry is a breeze with both Android standard virtual keyboard and Swype™ virtual keyboards being offered.
- 5.0 megapixel camera with flash, geo-tagging and panoramic capabilities provides crisp photos and clearly displays them on the vibrant 3.1-inch HVGA screen. Video can also be recorded and stored on a provided microSD for sharing or future viewing straight from the device.
- The latest Opera Mini 5 browser enables quick browsing over the Nextel National Network and Wi-Fi. The Android browser allows you see Web pages and Flash 8-enabled sites in full view using Wi-Fi.
- Motorola i1 can be continuously customized with thousands of applications from Android Market™.
- Solid body construction that meets Military Specifications for protection against dust, shock, vibration and blowing rain.
The i9 will be available this summer, customers can pre-register at www.sprint.com/motoi1