BerryCodes has released an update to the application FindMeHere today. FindMeHere is a straight forward and simple app that allows you to use your GPS enabled BlackBerry to find your current location, and gives you a link to Google Maps that will show the recipient exactly where you are. For example, http://bit.ly/b4mgfN is a link I sent to a family member while shopping at a local store. FindMeHere gives the user the option to automatically copy the link or send it via Twitter, Email, or SMS.
- Simple Interface
- Click the copy button to have the Google Maps link copied for you
- Paste your location into any text field; Email, MMS, SMS, BlackBerry Messenger, Twitter apps.. anywhere you want!
**New in version 0.69**
- New send button allows for Email, SMS, and Twitter integration
- Twitter option takes user to mobile Twitter site with location information auto populated
- Email option autofills email with location information
- SMS option will create an sms, but not autofill location information (issue with 5.0 API’s)
- Bit.ly now shortens your location link automatically
- IMPORTANT: Do not copy the link before Bit.ly has shortened the link and you are presented with it. The full Google Maps link will not work properly.
FindMeHere works on any 4.5+ devices that are GPS capable. It is currently on sale via MobiHand for $0.99 through the end of the month, after that you can pick it up for $1.99. Check out FindMeHere.
Full disclosure: FindMeHere is a team effort of myself and John Bergoon. I own BerryCodes and have partnered with John on FindMeHere. Are we afraid of a shameless plug? Not at all. We hope you don’t mind either.