Apple TV and Google TV are not the only two in the race to bring media to your living room. An anonymous user has tipped us off to some exiting changes in the latest private beta build of Boxee including hardware acceleration and offline mode. Boxee is the first “social” media center, whose free, open source, downloadable software is changing the way consumers experience media. For the full list and a video introduction to Boxee read on . Not familiar with Boxee?
Boxee is the first “social” media center, whose free, open source, downloadable software is changingthe way consumers experience media.On a computer or connected to an HDTV, Boxee gives people a truly connected digital entertainmentexperience to enjoy movies, TV shows, music and photos, as well as streaming content from websiteslike Netflix, MLB.TV, Comedy Central, Pandora, Last.fm, and flickr. Not only that, but you can shareinformation about what you’re watching with friends so they can find it legally and enjoy it too.You can even post things you like to social networks like Twitter, Last.FM, or Tumblr. All this fromwithin a visually driven interface that makes media come to life.
The full list :
* Offline mode – Boxee will present an indication when in offline and will try to auto login when network is restored.
* Settings reorganized on both Settings screen and OSD (on screen display) playback settings.
* Bring recommendations from your friends on Google Buzz directly into the Boxee feed.
* Queue and Feed at the Home screen, refresh every 30 seconds instead of every 10 minutes.
* Hardware Acceleration video decode (h.264 only) on Mac Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.3 with NVidia graphic car